Monday, June 4, 2007

Chicken Curry-Like Dinner

This blog is definitely inspiring me to cook every night, so I guess it's a good thing.

Tonight I did manage to run by the grocery store because Megnar2 was in need of Zesta crackers. He will only eat Zesta--he doesn't like Premium brand, which is the only brand my regular store carries, so I had to go to Kroger. I decided to pick up a natural chicken breast from the meat counter (I try to stay away from saltwater-injected meats) and some broccoli. I came home and marinated the chicken in a little yogurt and spices. I sauteed onions, ginger, garlic, more spices (including some amchur I've been meaning to use) and simmered it with a can of fire roasted tomatoes. It was ready by the time the brown rice was done in the rice cooker. The chicken was a little overdone, but that's what I get for using such small pieces...

No comments: